Of all the benefits of an eco-friendly building, the one that usually has the biggest impact on the bottom line is energy savings. When the subject of energy comes up, facility executives typically think of lighting, HVAC, the building envelope and building automation as prime opportunities. But what about elevators? The common belief is that elevators don't draw much energy, certainly much less than lighting, for example. This is not the case, in fact elevators have several energy demands that can drain energy fast.
Generation Elevator has teamed up with several manufacturers to offer an eco-friendly, “green” modernization/installation package. With energy demand being so important these days we have created several options to improve elevator efficiency and save customers money. Elevators have an extraordinarily long lifespan when compared to other products like lighting or even roofing. As a result, Generation Elevator offers modernization programs for older systems to boost energy efficiency.
The following are some of the products and services we offer to help make your elevator “green”:
• Regenerative Elevator Drive: This type of drive converts the excess energy generated by an elevator into electricity that can be reused throughout the facility. With conventional drives, this energy is converted into heat, which then needs to be removed from the building by air conditioning systems.
• Alternating-Current Variable Frequency Drives: Variable-frequency drives are widely used in the elevator industry. In elevator systems for large buildings, variable-frequency drives on elevators save energy by using only the energy needed to meet commanded speed as opposed to forcing energy that is not needed.
• Gearless Traction Machine: We have teamed up with Motion Control Engineering and Imperial Electric to offer a gearless traction elevator machine. One benefit of a gearless machine over a geared machine is the gallons of gear lube that is no longer required. Gear lube could cause environmental concerns and this option will eliminate this threat as well as save the customer money in maintenance costs. Another benefit of a gearless traction machine is a reduction in heat build-up and noise.
• MCE iControl: Designed from the ground up using next-generation technology, iControl is the revolutionary platform that outperforms today’s industry-standard controllers. How? Through integration: A system of components that work together, smoothly and automatically, to deliver the best performance and energy efficiency.
• MCE Dispatching Control: MCE dispatching control actually learns building traffic patterns, comparing current traffic conditions against historical data, anticipating demand, and positioning elevators appropriately. All of these factors improve the overall efficiency of the elevator system, reducing unnecessary trips, improving per-car load characteristics, and saving energy.
• Machine Room/Elevator Lighting: We offer upgrades from traditional fluorescent lamp fixtures to LED fixtures. This upgrade not only creates energy efficiency but it also produces more lumens per square foot. This means less bulbs and no environmental hazard for disposal of bulbs.
We at Generation Elevator understand the need for eco-friendly changes and we feel we have addressed these needs by using only the leading non-proprietary “green” equipment. Being non-proprietary equipment could possibly be the biggest money saver because the customer will not be stuck in a service contract with a company who installs their own proprietary equipment. Any and all elevator companies can work on Motion Control Engineering equipment and this allows the customer to make the bidding process on their service contracts more competitive. Generation Elevators technicians and sales staff are constantly offering creative ideas for customers and this is no exception. We are very proud to be teamed up with Motion Control Engineering and Imperial Electric, as well as many other manufacturers, to offer this “green” elevator package. Follow the links below to learn more about the equipment we use and the energy efficiency they offer. Also, feel free to call our sales team today for more information about the products we offer to increase your energy efficiency.
Motion Control - Eco-Friendly
Imperial Electric - Eco-Friendly
55 S. State Ave. Suite 333
Indianapolis, IN 46201